Program Prerequisites: None
MGT253 Owning and Operating a Small Business 3
|1. Identify the values, ethics, and key factors, including economic, legal, policy, audience, and consumer, that influence the creation of music related media products. (MGT253, MKT271, MTC180, MUC109, MUC110, MUC293)
2. Identify applications and tools to manage business and creative activities in the music industry. (MGT253, MKT271, MUC109, MUC110, MTC180, MUC180, MUC293)
3. Create a project plan applying project management skills. (MGT253, MUC293)
4. Identify ways to build relationships and network with clients, colleagues, and organizations. (MGT253, MKT271, MUC109, MUC110, MUC293)
5. Identify opportunities for expanding creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial skills in the music industry. (MGT253, MKT110, MKT271, MUC109, MUC110, MUC293)
6. Describe branding, marketing communications, and sales skills to build a music brand. (MKT110, MKT271, MUC109, MUC110, MUC293)
7. Describe the significance of musical content for social, cultural, and aesthetic contexts. (MUC109, MUC110, MUC293)
8. Investigate intellectual property law, rights management, publishing, licensing, and contracts. (MUC109, MUC110)
9. Differentiate operating structures and business types. (MGT253, MUC109, MUC110)
10. Use effective written, oral, and visual communication skills. (MGT253, MKT110, MKT271, MUC109, MUC110, MTC180, MUC180, MUC293)
11. Assess the music industry and its role in the gig economy. (MUC109, MUC110, MUC293)
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: December 10, 2019