Field of Interest: Computer and Information Technology
Instructional Council: Computer Information Systems (12)
SOC Code: Upon completion of this certificate, students may pursue a career as:
27-4032.00 Film and Video Editors
Upon completion of an associate degree, students may pursue a career as:
15-1254.00 Web Developers
27-1014.00 Multimedia Artists and Animators
27-1024.00 Graphic Designers
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Adobe Foundations: Audio and Video Production program helps prepare students to edit and enhance video, sound, and special effects for online and broadcast delivery. A Certificate of Completion in Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Web Design and Development are also available.
Program Notes: This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
Program Prerequisites: None
CIS120DA Introduction to Adobe Premiere 3 OR
CIS120DK Introduction to Digital Video Editing 3
CIS120DL Introduction to Adobe After Effects 3
CIS120DO Introduction to Adobe Audition 3
1. Enhance audio and video content using multiple techniques. (CIS120DA, CIS120DK, CIS120DL, CIS120DO)
2. Create and edit audio and video special effects. (CIS120DA, CIS120DK, CIS120DL, CIS120DO)
3. Practice legal and ethical standards related to audio and video production and use. (CIS120DA, CIS120DK, CIS120DL, CIS120DO)
4. Prepare audio and video assets to address audience needs. (CIS120DA, CIS120DK, CIS120DL, CIS120DO)
5. Describe project management tasks, responsibilities, and communication workflow. (CIS120DA, CIS120DK, CIS120DL, CIS120DO)
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: February 25, 2020
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the
curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.