Instructional Council: Emergency Medical Technology/Fire Science Technology (54)
SOC Code: Upon completion of this certificate, students may pursue a career as
29-2041.00 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Tactical Emergency Casualty Care is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and ability to synthesize standard of care and expanded scope of practice with comprehensive assessment, diagnostic technology, patient advocacy, ethical and professional behaviors, to practice patient-centered evidence-based paramedicine in the tactical emergency setting. This certificate prepares students for a tactical emergency casualty care paramedic credential.
Program Notes: This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
Admission Criteria: Current state Paramedic certification.
Program Prerequisites: None
PME293 Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) 2.5
1. Differentiate the levels of threat. (PME293)
2. Perform comprehensive trauma patient assessment according to levels of threat. (PME293)
3. Differentiate the phases of trauma patient management. (PME293)
4. Manage airway and ventilatory emergencies according to TECC guidelines. (PME293)
5. Manage circulatory emergencies according to TECC guidelines. (PME293)
6. Manage various trauma conditions according to scope of practice, levels of threat, and TECC guidelines. (PME293)
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: October 22, 2019
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the
curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.