|MCCCD Official Course Competencies|
|1. Identify and evaluate chemical hazards and hazard warning signs (such as the 4-bar Hazardous Material Information System, the 4- diamond National Fire Protection Association System, and Material Safety Data Sheets).
2. Record observations accurately, using appropriate chemical terminology.
3. Prepare written reports, present data in a logical format, analyze data, and report conclusions.
4. Use scientific measuring devices to obtain chemical data and report these measurements with the proper number of digits.
5. Apply principles, concepts, and procedures of chemistry to lab experiments.
6. Use the scientific method in interpreting chemical data to arrive at rational conclusions.
7. Use lab equipment properly and safely to perform a variety of chemical procedures and techniques.
8. Cite the location and operation of common laboratory safety equipment.
|MCCCD Official Course Outline|
|I. Not applicable. Laboratory experience will consist of application of lecture content to related chemistry experiments.|
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: November 25, 2014