|1. Integrate knowledge of computer information systems, including security, computer concepts, web delivery system architecture, and file management in web design. (CIS105, CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA, CIS235)
2. Explain the web development life cycle including the planning, designing, developing, testing, publishing, and maintaining of websites. (CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA, CIS235)
4. Utilize best practices in user interaction, user experience, accessibility and search engine optimization to build basic websites. (CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA)
5. Design and implement e-commerce solutions. (CIS105, CIS235)
6. Manipulate digital media content. (CIS120DF, CIS136, CIS220DF)
7. Construct a website using a content management system. (CIS136)
8. Prioritize projects and meet deadlines. (CIS120DF, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS220DF, CIS235)
9. Demonstrate industry accepted professional, legal, and ethical practices. (CIS105, CIS120DF, CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS233DA, CIS235)
10. Communicate professionally in formal and informal situations. (CIS105, CIS120DF, CIS133DA, CIS136, CIS166AA, CIS233DA, CIS235)
11. Explain the need for collaboration in the web industry. (CIS133DA, CIS233DA)
|Students must earn a grade of C or better in each course in the program.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
Program Prerequisites: None
CIS105 Survey of Computer Information Systems 3
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: December 10, 2019