Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production
Catalog Year: 2022-2023
Effective Term: 2020 Fall
Last Admit Term: 2021 Summer
Total Credits: 9
CIP Code: 11.0801
Initiating College: Mesa Community College
Program Availability: Not Found
Program Availability: Shared
Program Availability: CG GC MC PV SM
Field of Interest: Computer and Information Technology
Instructional Council: Computer Information Systems (12)
SOC Code: Upon completion of this certificate, students may pursue a career as:
43-9031.00 Desktop Publishers
Upon completion of an associate degree, students may pursue a career as:
15-1254.00 Web Developers
27-1014.00 Multimedia Artists and Animators
27-1024.00 Graphic Designers
Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Adobe Foundations: Animation and Graphics Production program helps prepare students to create, edit, and enhance digital images, graphics, and animation for use in web, print, and video. A Certificate of Completion in Adobe Foundations: Video and Audio Production and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Web Design and Development are also available.
1. Edit digital images and visual assets. (CIS120DB, CIS120DF)
2. Create animation and graphics in a variety of formats for use in web, print, and video. (CIS120DB, CIS120DF, CIS120DC)
3. Develop interactive digital animation. (CIS120DC)
4. Practice legal and ethical standards related to the creation and use of animation and graphics. (CIS120DB, CIS120DC, CIS120DF)
5. Prepare visual assets to address audience needs. (CIS120DB, CIS120DC, CIS120DF)
6. Describe project management tasks, responsibilities, and communication workflow. (CIS120DB, CIS120DC, CIS120DF)
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
This program replaces: CCL/5807N Adobe Foundations
Program Prerequisites: None
CIS120DB Introduction to Adobe Illustrator 3
CIS120DC Introduction to Adobe Animate 3
CIS120DF Introduction to Adobe Photoshop 3
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: February 25, 2020
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the
curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.