|1. Explain the standard of care and expanded scope of practice in critical care settings in Paramedicine. (PME292)
2. Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors consistent with Critical Care Paramedicine and expanded scope of practice. (PME292)
3. Describe factors of effective communication and decision-making in critical care team dynamics. (PME292)
4. Describe the Paramedic`s roles and responsibilities in medical and legal issues. (PME292)
5. Demonstrate patient advocacy. (PME292)
6. Apply strategies of safety and survival in Critical Care Paramedicine. (PME292)
7. Apply principles of flight physiology. (PME292)
8. Integrate the pathophysiological significance of comprehensive assessment findings to manage Critical Care and high-risk patients. (PME292)
9. Synthesize Critical Care Paramedicine standard of care and expanded scope of practice to perform comprehensive patient assessment. (PME292)
10. Integrate pathophysiologic principles, epidemiology, and comprehensive assessment to formulate a differential diagnosis for patients in critical care settings. (PME292)
11. Utilize diagnostic technology and resources to interpret lab values of Critical Care and high-risk patients. (PME292)
12. Integrate the pathophysiological significance of comprehensive patient assessment findings to implement a management plan according to Critical Care Paramedicine expanded scope of practice. (PME292)
13. Utilize types of health information technology. (PME292)
|This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses required within the program.
|Current state Paramedic certification.
Program Prerequisites: None
PME292 Critical Care Paramedicine 8
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: October 22, 2019