|1. Automate system tasks utilizing Linux shell scripting. (CIS239DL, CIS275DL)
2. Demonstrate the ability to install Linux. (CIS126DL, CIS275DL)
3. Create, manage, and delete user accounts, groups and permissions. (CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS240DL, CIS240RH, CIS275DL)
4. Apply troubleshooting techniques to prevent and address system issues. (CIS105, CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS239DL, CIS275DL)
5. Monitor system functions and security through the use of a variety of system tools and logs. (CIS105, CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS240DL, CIS240RH, CIS275DL)
6. Install and maintain software packages. (CIS105, CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS275DL)
7. Describe and navigate the Linux file system hierarchy. (CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS275DL)
8. Create partitions and file systems, and manipulate access to them. (CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS240DL, CIS240RH, CIS275DL)
9. Demonstrate configuration and troubleshooting of Linux networking, including network protocols, client and server systems. (CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS240DL, CIS275DL)
10. Configure and troubleshoot Linux security, including permissions, SELinux, access control lists (ACLs), digital certificates, and firewalls. (CIS126DL, CIS126RH, CIS238DL, CIS238RH, CIS240DL, CIS240RH, CIS275DL)
11. Configure automation services. (CIS240RH)
12. Create and maintain shell scripts. (CIS238RH, CIS240RH)
|This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Students who pursue this Certificate of Completion (CCL) should have a basic level of computer literacy including navigating the internet and computer systems or take CIS105 as indicated in the required courses. Students with the requisite skills may have the CIS105 requirement waived by permission of the Program Director.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
This program replaces: CCL/5225 Linux Networking Administration
Program Prerequisites: None
CIS105 Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates that any suffixed course may be selected.
MCCCD Governing Board Approval Date: December 10, 2019