|Date Created:||11/09/2018 Date Submitted: 11/13/2018 Status: Approved|
|Attendance :||Arizona State University Arizona Western College AZTransfer Staff Central Arizona College Cochise College Coconino Community College Eastern Arizona College Maricopa Community Colleges Mohave Community College Northern Arizona University Pima Community College University of Arizona Yavapai College|
|Virtual Attendance :||AZ Western, Cochise, Coconino, NAU|
|Next Fall Meeting Date :||Fri,October 11, 2019|
|Meeting Time :||1-3pm|
|Location :||Rio Salado College|
|Meeting Type :||Hybrid (both In Person and Online)|
|Meeting Chair :||Cara McDaniel|
|Meeting Host :||Tristan Marble|
|Spring Meeting Information :|
|No Data Changes :||Yes - ATF Requested Changes|
|Changes to Majors on Common Course Matrix :||
1. Business Econ degrees also appear on the Econ matrix for NAU (Business Economics BSBA-WA Franke College of Business-Flagstaff campus only) and UA (Business Economics BS in Business Admin). For consistency add "Eller College of Management" in italics after the name of UA's bus.econ. degree, and for ASU, add BS in Economics to degree list, followed by "W.P. Carey School of Business" in italics.
|Changes to Common Courses :||
1. Add note that ECN221 is required for econ business majors.
2. Susanne Trimbath from Cochise asked that UA Eller follow the transfer guide and accept Cochise's 2 Econ courses as 6 credits instead of 3. Drakicki thought they may no longer be offering 201A and 201B at UA. Susanne Will follow up with him on this because they offered 201A and 201B in Fall 2016.
|Changes to Exam Matrix :||
1. NAU continues to offer 3 elective credits for Cambridge International Exam, AS level, while no other institution does. NAU will review; if they maintain their credits, they will send the ATF an explanation by email for the other institutions to review.
2. All institutions agreed to review IB-SL exam because of current inconsistencies: NAU counts it as an intro to Macro course (but said to change it to ECO285), ASU-3 dept. elective credtis, UA doesn't accept it. Most comm. colleges don't accept it, but Cochise treats it as equivalent to a Micro course.Again, NAU said to change it to ECO285 and all institutions are to review.
3. Add credit hours to all exam chart where missing
|AGEC Information :||UA is currently reviewing gen ed changes--expect an announcement in November.|
|Record of the Votes :|
|Issues Raised :|
|Curriculum Planning :||
1. Pre-principles Economics-Pima offers course that transfers to all 3 univ. and still wants to created a SUN course, but needs at least one more community college to offer an equivalent course before a SUN can be assigned. CAC plans to align its pre-principles course to allow the creation of the SUN.
|CEG changes :||All ATF members need to review their courses on the CEG and report errors or missing information to their institutional facilitators.|
|ASSIST Report Comments :|
|Other Comments :||The ATF plans to implement a Google Form/Sheet for dashboard alignment. All institutions are to review dashboard info (course prefixes, degrees, member list, common courses, exams, etc.) prior to next year's meeting to avoid using so much meeting time on reviewing these resources. The intent is that there will be more time to discuss areas of disagreement.|
|Document||Document Name||Size||Document Type|
|Review Document||Economics ATF Attendance Sheet 2018||62,562 bytes||application/pdf|
|Review Document||2018 Economics Minutes_FINAL||543,542 bytes||application/pdf|